Glendinning Products was started from an idea in the mind of Hylands “Glen” Glendinning. Glen worked with several marine industries from 1953-71 and felt that he could design and manufacture a more durable twin-engine synchronizer than what was currently in the market.
With the help of his wife Ruth and their 3 boys, they sold the first Automatic Synchronizer in 1972, and so began a reputation for providing quality products. In 1983, Glen moved the operation to its current location in Conway, SC.
Over the years the product line has broadened and expanded into others markets other than marine. Recreational Vehicle, trucking, off-road vehicle, agricultural, racing, are just some of the markets that Glendinning sells into.
In 2011, John Glendinning was named president of Glendinning Products and maintains the same drive for quality in every aspect of the company.