We all hope to never experience a serious emergency while we are traveling. But chances are that some travelers will face a problem — and sooner or later that traveler may be you. The better informed and prepared you are for such an event, the less likely you are to suffer serious consequences.
This 23-page guide discusses a variety of topics to help you plan and prepare for safe and healthy travels, including:
• hazards associated with different kinds of travel
• how to access emergency assistance
• medical fitness to travel
• how prudent planning can allow for safer travel
• where to find additional travel safety resources